Support & Care For Families
Faced With End-of-Life Care
Caring for a loved one at the end of life, alone in itself, can be extremely difficult and stressful. But when family members are forced to becoming a caregiver for their loved ones, it can take an even larger toll on all of us.
Studies have shown an increasing burden on loved ones, especially spouses, that is putting many people to their breaking point. Some experts call this type of stress caregiver syndrome, as Dr. Andree LeRoy first mentioned it in an article he wrote for CNN.
Talem Home Care & Placement Services can work alongside Medicare-approved hospice agencies to help relieve the stress and increase the comfort, support, and quality of life for those preparing for end-of-life care. Our additional support and assistance allow families to make the most of their time together. We provide support for family and friends during their most difficult times.
Expanding a family caregiver’s support system, getting help with caregiving tasks, finding sources of respite, and providing education and information to caregivers can decrease the incidence of this syndrome.
We are always here for you
Our approach is simple. Whether you need help and support at home or in a care facility, our caregivers make it possible, so all you have to do is spend time with your loved one. Our compassionate caregivers provide the best in emotional and moral support as well as assistance with tasks including but not limited to:
Respite Care: Temporary relief for family and friend caregivers can be as significant as direct care for your loved one. Being a family caregiver can be emotionally and physically exhausting. Sometimes family caregivers need a much-needed break. Our support can include:
- Light housekeeping, laundry, and homemaker services
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Meal Prep
- Protective Oversight
- Can be provided in-home or in a care facility
Care for your loved one: Help with everyday non-medical tasks, including assistance with daily living activities. We will create a custom plan designed to provide extra comfort, companionship, and support, including:
- Comfort measures
- Companionship with things like games, writing and reading, social support, or someone to talk to for help with isolation, loneliness, and depression
- Activities of Daily Living like bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Medication Reminders
Family Support: Should families need support after a loved one’s passing, we can continue to help them deal with the grief and many of the tasks they will face.
- Lighten the burdens a family may feel
- Companion and emotional support for surviving spouse
- Help with connecting with bereavement services
- Help to find a senior community for surviving spouse if they can’t live alone
- Help organize personal items or provide helpful resources
- Pack belongings into boxes or provide helpful resources
- Provide downsizing or estate sale resources
Your Family is Our Family
No family should experience the stresses of aging without the needed information to make the best decision. Our Certified Senior Advisors® are dedicated to providing compassion, dedication, professionalism, and advice to give the reassurance we all need when helping our loved ones.
Contact us today to start the conversation on how our core values and philosophy of care can help you and your family.